Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bka32

Sparq IDE drives and Windows2000

I recently aquired a SyQuest SparQ 1.0 gigabyte removable drive. When I installed it into my machine, all went well. When I installed it into my operating systems, WindowsME and Windows2000 Professional, all was well. When I use it in Windows2000 however, I will put a disk in, use it, and then when I try to change disks, a few things happen: 1. the drive will not eject using just the eject button on the drive, 2. when I eject it using the right click over the drive, and reinsert a new disk, and click on it, the dir shows up, but is corrupted, and the free space isnt changed 3. it errors telling me to run chkdsk, which I do, and get hundreds of errors, destroying files.

Anyone have any ideas?

Same thing on mine. I had all sorts of trouble with file allocation errors in both Win98 and Win2k. I finally gave up with the retarded thing and tossed it. Basically a waste of money and it shows why they are no longer in business. No fixes that I n\know of.

Ed

Well, in WinME it works flawlessly, no problems what so ever. In Win2k, I installed SP1 after posting the topic, the problem seems to have calmed down, however it still may exist as of yet. I emailed the people and we'll see if they respond to me yet.