Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NT.gamer

Good TV card for win2k?!

Hello!

I want to buy a new tv-card for Windows 2000. Now my question: What's the "best" tv-card (driver-support, quality) for Windows 2000. I think the PINNACLE Studio PCTV PRO and the Hauppauge WinTV PCI FM are good products, but whats the best?

I would go with Pinnacle smile They are the best at video capturing. I would ***ume you want to record some TV shows on your HD for later viewing?

MarksmanX are you nuts the PINNACLE Studio PCTV PRO dosen't any driver for win2k

& dosen't have any WDM drivewrs where the Hauppauge WinTV PCI FM has dose.

If has read Pinnacle Systems Windows® 2000 Compatibility Statement.

Studio PCTV and Studio PCTV Pro: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT4.0 and Windows 2000 (the Studio software does not support Windows NT or Windows 2000)

The PCTV Pro *does* in fact have Win2K support. I have one, and it works great. Highly recommended. PCTV USB does not, however, support Win2K, so stick with the internal PCI version.

The Studio software that the Pinnacle web site is referring to is their bundled video editing software. Under Windows 2000, if you want to edit captured video, then you need to provide your own software. I use VirtualDub anyway, so no loss there.

Everything else works just fine on my Win2K rig (specs below) -- TV, radio, capture, remote control, etc. I haven't had any problems with IRQ sharing or anything else people had been whining about with some cards (ACPI, hibernation, etc.).

I've heard that installing DirectX 8 does wonders for TV card stability, so you might want to do that before you install any TV cards.

I also recommend looking at Ubid.com since they have recently had PCTV series cards going for cheap.

Pertinent computer info:

Abit KA7-100

Athlon Cl***ic 750 (7.5 x 100)

256 MB PC133 CAS2 RAM

Creative Labs Annhilator Pro GeForce DDR

Creative Labs SB Live! (soon to be replaced with TB Santa Cruz)

PCTV Pro

Win2K Pro SP1

DirectX 8

Howdy, I have the WinTV FM,TH. Works great in WinME, Win2k, WinWhistler. I don't do much capturing so other than that. I just bought a Philips (acoustic edge) sound card to replace SBlive card. OMG this card rocks I don't watch to much TV on the computer but man I heard sounds from the back speakers I never heard. Also Win2k boots way faster now. cool

Do any of these TV cards support blurring/interpolation? I'd like to play PSX games on the computer (ones that don't work with any emulators, namely FF7, FF8, and FF9) but am worried about the quality, my friend says it will show how crappy the PSX graphics are since they are 320x240. Filtering the image would alleviate this a bit.

yearout,

Just wondering, where did you get the acoustic edge from ive been looking all over for it and cant find it anywhere.

thanks