Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wind

Hard disk restarting itself at 5:43pm and 5:43am..wierd

Well, ive been having this encounter for quite awhile now and it has really started to bother me. The problem is, every day at 5:43pm and 5:43am, my hard disk turns off and then turns on again. I think this is around the time I originally installed windows2000, and am wondering why it is doing this. It has been doing this for windows2000 proffesional and windows2000 server for quite awhile, and even after reinstallation of my OS it still does it. I dont see how this is a feature or something that is supposed to happen, but is it normal? Is there a way to disable it? Sometimes im burning a cd around 5:43, hard disk turns off..coaster. I could also see some other bad situations, and cant see how my hard disk turning itself off is good at all. Any feedback is appreciated.

Are you by any chance running Diskeeper Workstation? When it reboots itself, does it go into CHKDSK and/or then start defragging?

I think we have a mis-understanding smile My computer does not reboot itself, my hard-disk turns itself off and then on again. If im burning a cd, I get a buffer-under run, data stops coming to my computer for a second etc. And yes, im running diskeeper , but diskeeper 6.0 server and it is scheduled to start and stop defraging at different times than the 5:43 range.