Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NEO^

Asus K7V and AGP4x

First of all... Merry X-Mas folks! =)

Now to the trouble. I have problem with Hitman freezin totaly on my Win2000 config. Its a AMD 750 on Asus K7V with a Asus 6800Dlx GeforceDDR. Some1 told me to turn AGP 4x off in bios but the thing is... It ain't called AGP 4x... =(

I have something called AGP 4x strength and when setting that one on <MANUAL> instead of <AUTO> i get some more settings to fool around with and that is AGP Drive strength P ctrl and AGP Drive Strenght N ctrl. Both those can be set from 0 up to F. I have no clue what they do or so... So maybe some1 of you can help me? Is that the ones to fool with if i want to turn AGP4x off...?!

Hilfe!

Comeon lads... Some1 have to know SOMETHING! Why is AgP4 so unstable btw...? Heard of some ppl with WinME that had loads f crashes in D3D when having it on.,..

I had a K7V and a Annhilator Pro...

it simply didn't work in W2K...blue screens for no good reason...not sure of the fix...but your probs aren't unusual

No bsods here. No infact... Pretty stabl in W2k. It's just this with D3D but that seems to be a common Geforce problem... Or...?

No. It's a common VIA mobo problem. Only has to do indirectly with Geforce & Radeon cards because these cards are the 2 most powerful cards out.

Oki... But then back to the problem... How do i turn AGP 4x off in bios on Asus K7V? Don't tell me to RTFM couse if you read above I have done it...

ITs the games fault not yours..

It froze on my Voodoo3 too...

A new patch came out a little while ago.

Got get it.

Dosn't help with that patch... Gona test that powerstrip.. Thnx! =)