Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ron_Jeremy

Please oh please let there be another way...arrgghhh

RH9 user here. I have my Outlook contacts & Win2K favorites stored on a floppy. I just went thru 45 minutes of torture importing my contacts one at a time into the mail client that is bundled with RH9 (Evolution). My contacts were stored as individual vcf's & as a single .wab file, but no matter what I tried I could not import in one step & had to repeat the import process dozens of times.

Now I'd like to import my 600+ IE bookmarks into Mozilla. On the floppy they are stored as url's (in the Favorites folder). When I go to Manage Bookmarks in Mozilla, I can only import files with the following extensions: .html, .htm, shtml, & xhtml.

How can I import all my IE Favorites into Mozilla in one step?

Thanks in advance smile

o0h. Ouch. The individual URLs won't get you far. You should go to Internet Explorer and do File/Export. Choose "Export favorites" and it will export all of your favorites into one HTML file (normally bookmark.html). Mozilla will then import this file correctly.

Since you have that many favorites, it would be worth your time to find a Windows machine and copy the favorites there, then perform this operation.

Yes, IE does have an export bookmark function. See above.

To do it:

1. Open Internet Explorer

2. Click File/Import and Export

3. Next in the wizard

4. Choose "Export favorites" and hit next

5. Select a filename to save as (normally bookmark.html)

6. Done.

I'll send screenshots if you don't believe me.

Vermyn, thank you so much! Your suggestion worked perfectly. YOU DA MAN! smile To avoid this dilemma in the future, is there a way I could have done my Outlook contacts differently too?

It's been a while since I used Evolution, but it seems like when I did use it you could read a PST file and import from them that way. I can't remember though, sorry. I just knew about the favorites because I have done that oodles of times before.