Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Silent-IQ

atx shutdown without acpi on?

hmmm, i dont use acpi for more irq space so i wonder is it possible to get win2k pro to shutdown a atx without it?

//Silent

nope it won't work because it thinks that the computer isnt ACPI compliant. And that things like standby and hibernate arent compatible so it won't shutdown automatcially.

actually, you may still be able to use power management functions through APM.... check the power management control panel

I wonder if there's a way to ***ign IRQs manually along with ACPI on?

I gotta turn ACPI off because of games freezing with my GeForce(it shares IRQ with 6 other devices!), but switching power off with a button and not using Suspend-to-RAM feature with my super-duper system??? :-)))

------------------

With all due respect, Quaestor!

"but switching power off with a button and not using Suspend-to-RAM feature with my super-duper system??? :-)))"

1. Switch power off????

2. Do you mean Hibernate? Who needs it? Just blank the monitor.

Hi DosFreak!

I experienced some time ago a "temporary slowdowns during playing games" (as I called them). The only solution I could find- was disabling ACPI for my videocard could have a personal IRQ.

That bothered me so! STR-feature didn't work, but working Suspend-to-RAM allows me to TURN THE COMPUTER OFF- no fans working, no hdds working, nothing- computer off. The only exclusion- blinking LED on a computer. The only powered part of a computer was RAM- to store current position. This is NOT a hibernate feature of W2k- STR is a feature of mobo and supported in W98 too.

But I solved this problem!

I set in BIOS a feature- "PnP System Installed" to NO, and all my problems were gone!

Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC in Device Manager didn't have an IRQ ***igned anymore and temporary slowdowns disappeared too! Whew!

------------------

With all due respect, Quaestor!