Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wind

A very odd problem

Well, I dont remember when it started happening.. but every 24 hours, on the 24 hour, 1 day uptime, my windows 2000 start bar dissapears, and then comes back.. as if explorer has crashed..I have no icons and other stuff like that, and it is generally very irritating. The wierd thing is , is that I reinstalled win2000 and its still doing it..I dont get it, I really..really dont get it smile I have not had any problems with anything before, only addition to my system was a second ethernet card for my adsl modem, however I took out one of my two cards and just have one in there now..so there shouldnt be a problem. The only difference I can see in system configuration is the fact that my computer is now manually assigning irq's instead of whacking them all on wierd numbers (no more devices on irq128 etc). Anyone have any idea what could be the problem? Im nearly out of ideas, could possibly try changing video drivers or something, I dont see how its related though smile My system specs / drivers are as follows:

Gigabyte 6BXD (latest official bios)

448mb pc100

Dual P3-800

Soundblaster Live! (liveware 3.0)

Geforce 2 GTS (detonator 6.18)

Pioneer 6x dvdrom (latest firmware)

Teac CDR55-s (latest firmware)

few hdd's and other stuff, but they dont really matter..

Any ideas anyone? Any help appreciated.