Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SuperG

Hardware DVD Decoding

Hey...

Peice of crap. smile Everytime I try to run a dvd on win2k with my msi mobo ( via chipset) with 5.1 sound w/ my creative dxr-3 decoder card my computer freezes. NOW everytime I run the proram I get a kernel error and a big fat memory dump. Fun stuff. usually it just crashes as soon as the decoder kicks in with sound. It gets all jumpy... like its sucking processor mega and then it freezes. what am i to do? we all know writing the manufacturer and begging for drivers for win2k is fruitless... Sys Specs should be below.

-Kris

------------------

System Specs:

MSI 694D Pro-A Mobo

Dual Gighz pentium III's

320 meg pc 133 sdram

30 Gig Maxtor Ata-100

Geforce 2 GTS

DVD w/ Decoder Card

Sblive etc etc...

<starts to cry>

no one loves me enough to help me.

<sniffle>

-Super

------------------

System Specs:

MSI 694D Pro-A Mobo

Dual Gighz pentium III's

320 meg pc 133 sdram

30 Gig Maxtor Ata-100

Geforce 2 GTS

DVD w/ Decoder Card

Sblive etc etc...

Nahhh, I just think that nobody can afford a rig likes yours to have that problem...

smile

I am new to non-Intel chipsets, and I don't have hardware DVD-Decoding either. But, I do feel sorry for u (if that helps).

wink

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Drivers... good ones... are they a mythical beast? Or am i forever cursed by the Gods of win2k to suffer with beta...beta...beta...I am going to dream beta...sleep beta...have nightmares about beta....

------------------

System Specs:

MSI 694D Pro-A Mobo

Dual Gighz pentium III's

320 meg pc 133 sdram

30 Gig Maxtor Ata-100

Geforce 2 GTS

DVD w/ Decoder Card

Sblive etc etc...

I've seen softawre decoding work better than hardware decoding in the past, and with your system, eating up the processor shouldn't be a problem, so try a good software decoder.

-bZj

Are you just using the Creative beta drivers with my registry fix? I used that for a long time and everything ran perfect. I do know that you can't have the card in slot 1 though (the one next to the AGP) cause the dxr3 hates sharing with the video card.

I eventually removed the hardware decoder because I ran out of slots smile I'm now just using PowerDVD 2.55. It's not as fast as the dxr3, but I can now capture screens off of my movies which rocks. And besides, with 900Mhz on the old processor, I'm not to concerned about not having the cycles to handle decoding.

PS. 95% of all Win2k hardware problems come from the damn SB Live card. If all else fails that's where you look.

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperG:
I just got this so I didnt really know about any registry fix.-Super

Do a search on "dxr3" in the message boards. P.S. It wasn't necessary for me to first install the NT4 drivers.

------------------
"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

I've got a Hollywood Plus and it works fine for me and the only way to get AC3/dts Sound in Win2k or does anyone know a SoundCard which support AC3 pass-through and works flawlessly on a SMP-Machine