Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jcyph

KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-06-06-EN.iso

Just downloaded the file.... I'm new to LINUX and want to try the said subject.

Any idea how to make use of it, cause .ISO does not make sense to me.

Thanks...

Its an CD image - You have to burn it to a CD using a burning app that came with your CD writer ( I hope you have one ) - otherwise you should ask someone to burn it for you. Or you have to find a company selling cheap CDs ( Knoppix does ).

I do have a CR-Writer... Do I have to drag it over into the CD? BTW, I'm using XP.

Or should I use some special program that will translate evrything? Any idea? Also, does this CD image makes the CD bootable?

Thanks....

Quote:
I do have a CR-Writer... Do I have to drag it over into the CD? BTW, I'm using XP.

Or should I use some special program that will translate evrything? Any idea? Also, does this CD image makes the CD bootable?

Thanks....

I do not have XP, so I don't know its abilities concerning CD burning, but probably you need additional software - this should have come with your cd writer. If you don't have this software you can search the web for "CD burning freeware". O.K I have just done it so take a look at http://www.webattack.com/Freeware/gmm/fwcdburn.shtml. There you'll find CDBurnerXP Pro which looks promising - burns iso and is free.

Yes, the CD will be bootable - simply enable boot off CD in your BIOS.