Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Emilee1

SCSI drivers? Cant find mine!

Hey guys, I need to find some Adaptec SCSI drivers. Ive been to thier site, and cannot find my card any where on it! Anyone help me out?

Its a Adpatec AIC-7850 PCI SCSI Controller.

If you are using W2k, it should find and install the scsi drivers ok by itself.

(I think)

Whats the prob?

Ok. I am trying to duel boot ME/2k. When I try, it gives me a error telling me to uninstall my new hardware/software/drivers. So I figured maybe if I have them on disk, I could F8 and tell them where they are to get past the error.

I have however, removed the SCSI card, and tried it, still didnt work.

Let me get this straight.

You already have ME and W2k installed?

Or..

You have installed ME, and are trying to install W2k?

W2k, is very funny about installing from a scsi cdrom drive (it won't let you for some reason). You have to install it from a normal cdrom.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree.

You will have to be more specific.

Another thing, most peeps i know who have tried ME and reverted back to Win98se, as its too incompatible.

I have ME and trying to add 2k. I tried it from a regular cd, and from my cd-r which is scsi. No go.

Ive run ME close to three months now, and I have no problems what so ever with it other a windows protection error when shutting down. But thats not Windows fault, thats nVidias drivers fault.

Anyone else, want to have a go?

I can't really help any more, as I personally haven't installed or used ME.

Dualbooting with w98 was a breeze.

Install win98

install w2k

done.

I am sorry I can't be more help.

Ok, guy, 2 or 3 serches and u're off....

Look, on Adaptec site they say u've got a integrated SCSI controller on your mainboard, so u'll have to watch at your mobo site, else they say that the file aic78xx.sys is the driver for you (on Windows NT). It seems strange to me, although, because some time ago I got a mainboard with that chip installed and it was discovered and installed by Win2k in a normal installation.

To see this go to: http://www.adaptec.com/support/7800productsupport.html

then tell me what u think about it.

Another question....Are u installing 9x and 2k on the SAME partition?

If so, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!

9x -> FAT16 or FAT32

2k -> NTFS

OK?

Its not a built on card. It is a stand alone pci card that you can remove. I got it with my Smart & Friendly CD 8x Rocket. Im not sure if its causin my problems, I just want to rule it out by having the drivers on a disk.

I'm also having problems installing Win2K on my system with the same SCSI card (AIC-7850).

I have a tape drive with SCSI ID 0 and the Sony CDU926S CDR with SCSI ID 4 on this card.

I get so far into the install and then I get a message that "Windows 2000 cannot find a SCSI CD ROM drive" and the only choice I'm given is to exit setup.

My current system has 4 IDE Hard Drives, 2 on each IDE controller. One pair is Primary Master and Slave, the other is Secondary Master and Slave. I'm trying to load Win2K on the Secondary slave drive.

I've already got Win98 on the system and everything works fine.

Any ideas?