Hi Everyone,

I recently got a Asus Geforce 2 MX.

System Configuration:

PIII 450

Via Pro Plus (AGP 2X)

Windows 2000 Professional

Nvidia 6.31 official drivers.

96MB SDRAM

Now, I dont get a good performance in games like UT, SOF... My old 3dfx Banshee was better than this.

I decided to benchmark the results with 3D Mark 2000 v1.1. The score I get is around 1900-2000. Moreover it trys to load the 32 MB Texture stuff but doesnt work. My banshee score was 56.7FPS in it and it didn't even test it.

Please help me with this.

Thanks.

Try formatting and reinstalling your operating system. Theres probably some old stuff left behind which could be degrading performance. I know a couple of people with mx's and win2000 without any problems, so it looks like its something on your end.

Well, I have done that already. I reformatted my HD and the results are recorded after all that stuff. I have go the latest updates including Service Pack 1 and via drivers.

ARC

If the 32MB test wouldn't load, then it sounds like an AGP issue. This would also explain the miserable performance, since nVidia cards depend more on AGP than Banshee cards do. (Banshee cards didn't support AGP features very much -- they were basically PCI cards in an AGP slot.)

If you haven't already, try installing the latest AGP driver from the Via 4-in-1 drivers (www.viatech.com).

Also, run DXDIAG and check the Display tab to see if AGP acceleration is enabled.

If not, then try installing the newest Via/Win2K patch that they released a couple of days ago. Also check your BIOS to make sure that AGP is running at 2x and that the AGP aperture is set to more than 4MB. (4MB and below disables AGP texturing.)

Hi,

Well I downloaded the Via 4 in 1 Drivers.

Now I dont know how to install them. There is a setup file. If I execute that, it open up the blue screen and says. It will in the following:

VxD AGP

Inf 1.02

then when I click next, it says KT133/AGP4X

But I dont have AGP4X.

Moreover, I already installed that WIN2K/VIA patch from Microsoft. The AGP is also enabled in DXDIAG.

What to do

Please help

ARC