Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sailmoon

Sb Live! and Live!Ware 4. When??

your being pretty optimisic, it was only scheduled for fall this year so, there is the usual delay of 6-8 months before it comes out.

Yeah. Some people claimed Creative would release Liveware 4 after Windows ME hit the market. But it hasn't been this way, and creative has released a special liveware 3.0 for Windows ME (Kinda surprising, since WINME uses WDM like W98, and vxd like 9x).

So, spect liveware sometime in the future. But BE PATIENT, because creative never takes SBlive driver updates seriously

Yuo can say that again! Im still waiting for SMP compatible drivers still 8 months after win2k release. Thought they'd learned from the SMP problem in NT 4.0 but noooooo

Bunch of unsupporting loosers

I would like to upgrade to SMP. Is there a problem with the drivers if you don't use EAX? I don't ever play games. I do music, multimedia and DVD.

Don't know about the rest of ya but I never had any problems running the SB Live Platinum card under W2K with my dual 850 system. I now own the 5.1 card and can say I'm having no problems either. This comes as a surprise to a lot of people I'm sure but the reason some of you are having SMP problems or for that matter problems with the SB Live line of cards is not just a driver issue but an OS and a hardware issue with other hardware that is installed in your box.

I won't list my hardware specs in fear of getting flamed for trying to make people feel bad....so I was told by a few ass*holes we have on this board, posting my specs was never done to piss anyone off.

My suggestion is to wait till livware 4 comes out or go out and pick up one of the new cards because the drivers and applications that come with the new 5.1 line of cards are different. Don't know if it's liveware 4 but it may be.

SHS and I tried to get the driver package to install under W2K and had some luck in doing so. I would suggest contacting him or better yet maybe start another thread to find out if it's worth the trouble in upgrading. I'm sure the drivers could be posted to an FTP site I have one I could offer to do the job but I would ask SHS what he thinks. There are some problems with getting the new drivers to work with the older rev. 1 or rev. 2 cards. As far as anyone upgrading to SMP...Don't let a sound card or for that matter any piece of hardware stop you from having and SMP box.....find the hardware that works best together and use it don't exspect all hardware to work well in all configs and with W2K we all know that this can be a b*itch....

Here's a question for you...

What is the point in writing "ass*holes"?

If you are going to include the "*" wouldn't it be smarter to say "as*holes"?

Sorry... It's Wednesday, I couldn't resist smile

I have sent a mail to Creative Labs which say why CL hasn't released the LW4 for Windows systems. In the next days i will inform you about the answer.

OK?

We will all be waiting....How many people do you thing have sent e-mail to creative asking that same question? There will not be an answer. Oh I forgot you must have an inside person there that can help you.

hehe

This is the question(s) sent to Creative Labs:

"I see that the new SBLive! series (5.1) has a new kind of drivers (incompatible with old series like Player 1024) that has a different Live!Ware. I know that this LW can enable all the features of the sound card (like Dolby Digital) in all Windows systems (also Windows 2000). Why old SBLive! doesn't have a new version of LW? Will there be in future a new release of this drivers? If so, when?? I'm a user with a SoundBlaster Live! Player 1024, DeskTop Theatre DTT2500 Digital and Windows 2000 and cannot use the S/PDIF output for hear Dolby Digital sounds in DVD films. Thanks for support!"