Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fargo

Best SCSI burner

I got an unexpected sack of money (close enough) and I'm thinking about buying a CD burner (SCSI). What do you recommend and why?

I am using the Plextor 12/4/32 SCSI CD RW and have had no problems with it. I am very impressed with its performance and pleased with the quality of the product. I have always bought Plextor drives, whether it be SCSI CD Roms, or SCSI CDRW, or even IDE CDRW. Plextor has always been my favorite, I own 3 different Plextor drives and they are all very good, I have never had a problem with any of them. I'm sure that pther will agree.

------------------

MSI K7T Pro,1000 Mhz TBird,Adapt29160

2- Cheatah 18XL,256mb MicronPC133,Asus V6600Deluxe, Plex 12/4/32,Plex 40X UltraPlexWide,Pioneer16X DVD,Zip250,Holly+,SB Live Plat,Win TV-D,FullTower w/9 fans & 2HD coolers.

Last week I got my sweaty hands on a Sanyo BurnProof 3 SCSI burner, it and it is increcible. It burns at 12x and with latest CDR-Win I can enable burn-proof in win2k, and oh man does it work well! I copied like 600mb+ of files to the HD that had the files I was burning, and I got buffer underruns all the time smile

But it just started up again all the times and the CD was completed succesfully!

Great Burner, it is mostly the same as the Plextor ones, just a different name.

I could only find a 12x/4x/32x SCSI from plextor, but I found a Sanyo/Brain Wave (online store said Sanyo, but box says Brain Wave) 12/10/32

Great buy, but the included software dont support Burnproof in win2k, you must get latest CD-Rwin, for now. They say they will support it in the near future but I dont belive it before I can download it.

Hi,

Are you desperate to buy now or can you wait about a month?

Yamaha are releasing a beast of a CD-RW.

16x Write, 10x Re-Write, 40x Read.

Pre-order prices here in the UK have this thing cheaper than the Plextor models.

Although it doesn't impliment the official 'BURN-Proof' system, it uses it's own which prevents buffer underruns.

Also this drive has an 8MB buffer - trust me, this is never going to burn you a coaster.

Take a look here: http://cd-recording.yamaha.de/england/index.html

I currently own an old Yamaha 4/4/16 but I shall probably be upgrading to one of these.

------------------

PIII 800EB, ASUS CUSL2, 512MB PC100 RAM (Hyundai), Matrox G400MAX, SB Live! Value, Intel 10/100 NIC, Adaptec 2940UW, IBM 7200 ATA100 30GB HD, IBM 7200 ATA66 20GB HD, Pioneer 32x/6x SCSI DVD, Yamaha 4416 SCSI CD-RW, Iomega Zip 100 SCSI Internal, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 410.

Windows 2000 Only

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 19 October 2000).]

That yamaha driver looks NICE!

Have to thínk about it, doesn't REALLY have to have it right now but....

What do you know about the HP 9600SI?

The 12X4 SCSI plextor is won't be availible again at my e-store for 3 weeks