Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Goronok

Using Ram for Video Ram???

I run windows 2k on my p2 400 laptop and it runs flawlessly. My only problem is that this laptop only has a 4mb video card. I was wondering if there is any software or anything i can do so my video card can share or use some of my normal pc ram. My friend said there are some programs that will allow you to do this. If anyone knows any software that will do this kind of thing it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I had a system with everything onboard, and you could change in the BIOS the amount of system RAM that the video card used. So check your BIOS settings.

-bZj

My bios is extremely basic and doesnt allow me to do much except enable and disable usb. Does anybody know any programs that will do this for me?? Thanx

I don't think you can do this in software.... the video chipset has to know how to access its memory. Onboard chipsets will sometimes let you adjust it in the bios, but that's only when the particular video chipset is designed for that.

I have only seen this option with onboard video. As far as I know there are no programs that will do this.