Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hi_robb

Weird problem with CD audio

Lo folks,

I got a weird problem with CD audio. I have a Sblive 1024 and installed windoze 2000.

Everything seemed fine until I tried to play a music CD, there was no audio at all. I checked the cable running from the CDROM to the soundcard and that was fine, it was plagged into where the CD cable should be.

I then tried reinstalling Liveware 3 and that didn't work. As a last resort i tried plugging the cable from the CDROM into the AUX in on the soundcard.

I got audio.

It seems as though i need to plug the cable into my AUX in on the card to get any audio from the CDROM at all. While not a dissaster it is annoying me.

I tried a format and reinstall of Win 2000 this morning and that didn't solve anything.

Anyone got any ideas?

Davey

Hi

Try to enable digital CD Audio on your CD-ROM in Device manager.

// Toby

also double check that it is not muted in the mixer.... if digital CD audio is enabled, then un-mute the digital cd in the mixer; if not, make sure that the analog cd isn't muted

Lo guys / girls,

Yeh I'v checked all that. I can get audio with Digital Audio ticked in the CD properties in device manager.

While thats great, its still kinda annoying not being able to get analogue audio like i should.

I do a lot of chatting online and the digital audio option does interfere with that, hence why i would like analogue.

Many thanks for the suggestions, and keep em coming.

Dave

Do you happen to have 2 CD-drives ?

I know that Win2k only allows CD-audio for the CD-drive with the lowest driveletter ... weird but that's how it works for me. I use my CD-R as audio CD-player and I had to give it the lower driveletter.

Lo again,

I only have the 1 CD drive. Kinda weird problem this 1.

I'm gonna go try a game and see if i get CD Audio from it, if I don't I'll have to use the AUX input frown

Dave