Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wind

Gravis Gamepads + Win2000?

Recently I saw some new driver for gravis gamepads under win2000 to download. Unlike the previous drivers, these were a final release so I downloaded them thinking that they wouldnt have the problems of the beta (eg that wierd bsod concerning ntgrip.sys). Anyway, the gamepad worked ok for about 6 days uptime and then when I was in the middle of doing some machine-strenous activity I got a bsod concerning the ntgrip.sys..sigh smile Has anyone had the same problems or different results? Or even a solution? Might mail gravis and tell them about it, maybe they're unsure of this error or something.

Yeah, I was in constant contact with tech support, testing all their drivers for the BSOD. They kept sending me beta drivers. The last one that they sent me was the most stable, I still had a BSOD with the official release though.

I'm running a driver that is 1 revision below the official release and it only has caused one BSOD condition. When I play Earth2150 and I try to load a saved skirmish it crashes. I just shut off my stick in the Joystick control pannel before I play that game. Other than that I've had 0 problems.

If you want I can e-mail you the beta ntgrip.sys (I'm using ver 4.2.0.2 the official release has ver 4.2.0.3)

which gamepads are these for? are these for the gravis Grip gamepads? that would excite me very much if this was the case.... that's the reason i am dual booting 98 and 2k....

I think the drivers are for all the gravis gamepads, they're like a referance driver or something.

The time when my machine crashed due to ntgrip.sys when I was in the middle of hex editing a 730mb file. This is a bit strange, which makes me to think it could have been a random crash to do with the gamepad or something, however it did happen after quite a long uptime so hmm, maybe it was to do with that. Shrug smile

730 megs? what in the hell was that? hehehe...

well i'll check out those drivers. it will be a happy day if they make my gamepads go in win2k.....

ah darn. they're not for my gamepads. o well. dual boot it is...

[This message has been edited by tristan777 (edited 15 October 2000).]