Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dulorn

AWE 64 Gold

What might be making my AWE 64 Gold make 2 poping noises every once in awhile? Using default W2K drivers.

System

--------

PIII733

Asus P3V4X

Visiontek GeForce DDR

Maxtor DiamondMax 7200rpm 20gig

Viewsonic A90

Kingston KNE100TX

Samsung CD-RW

AWE 64 Gold

Alpine Floppy Drive

Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse

Ortek MCK-800 Keyboard

256mb cas2 micron memory

you just answered your question, hehe

Default Windows 2000 drivers, eek, don't use them. goto Creative's site and use their drivers, it'll make things better.

------------------

Whistler is or will be better than Windows 2000, if you don't think so, get a reality check and hope it doesn't bounce.

hmm...yeah. I noticed that Creative has no drivers for AWE64, you could give those a try, they are NT 4.0, but you never know.

------------------

Whistler is or will be better than Windows 2000, if you don't think so, get a reality check and hope it doesn't bounce.

A while ago I had difficulties with my AWE64 Value. I've tried ever driver I've been able to find (Win9x, WinNT4, etc) and have found none to work, and most to generate larger problems. I'm afraid us AWE 64 card users are out of luck.

On a side note, I did find that a format and complete reinstall fixed my problem (VERY loud crackling when using a microphone, unusable before the format).

[This message has been edited by DFB (edited 05 October 2000).]

My AWE64 is working even better than it did under windows 98, using the drivers that came with Windows 2000. The sound is the same as before, but now I can get sound from more than one source at once... what this means is that I can play Quake2 and play mp3's at once. Under Windows 98 I had to close Winamp when I started a game, or else I would get an error message telling me that the sound card was already being used.

Guess I could replace it with a sound blaster live, but then creative will forget about that one too after awhile. (driver/software support, not selling you more of them though)

Nevermind, I'm a sucker, went out and bought a SB live platinum to replace it. =(