Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sailmoon

Live!Ware 4. When???

There's anyone who knows when Creative will release the new version of LW?? (Creative Staff, answer me!!!!!)

Creative said they would deliver liveware 4 either in september or October.

But remember they said LW 3 would be out in mid-may, and they actually released in July!!!

yeah after all we ARE talking about creative here. So maybe like january if were lucky.

Possibly sooner with the recent release of the 5.1 series of Live! cards. Wouldn't it be nice if we got them by the end of October, but I am not holding my breath. I don't have any issues with LW3 but I know that there are quite a few out there that do.

------------------

Jim "KDawg" Komkov

Co-Founder / Admin / Beer Drinking Redneck

The Wulfpac

ShinerRedneck : Drunk with Attitude!

That jkomkov with recent release of the 5.1 series of Live! cards & guest what it come with LW4.

SHS cool then I guess we should see them in stores shortly in about a month or so. I am looking forward to upgrading my Live!MP3 to a Live!Platinum 5.1 /w Live!Drive wink

------------------

Jim "KDawg" Komkov

Co-Founder / Admin / Beer Drinking Redneck

The Wulfpac

ShinerRedneck : Drunk with Attitude!

I dont know I dont think so no not that soon frown Remember they have probably not even started on Liveware 4 yet because they are waiting for DX8 to get done, now it is RC0 we shall see, but dont hold you breaths.

Listen, they said probably November for a fix of the SMP issue, do you really belive in that? we shall see....

Actually, to the best of my knowledge, LW4 is already available. Supposedly the new 5.1 cards come with the LW4 CD. If anyone buys a 5.1 it would be very kind if they posted the drivers. smile

I am looking for outside confirmation but haven't received any yet. Also, LW4 drops support for 95 and NT4. Creative went pure WDM so LW4 will only work on 98/Me/2k. They may add support in the future, but somehow I doubt it.

The problem with creative is that they make a lot of products and spread themselves thin in the driver department. If they focused on WDM drivers only, their quality should be significantly better. Granted this might peeve some people off with legacy hardware.

If someone could post the Liveware 4 drivers - that would be great. I'd love to buy the new 5.1 card, but unfortunately money is too tight at the moment (the strains of undertaking a university degree). looks like it's goint to have to be a Christmas present. If anyone does get the chance to try the new drivers, could they tell me whether they work properally when a SB AWE32 is installed as well as the Live. With Liveware 3, none of the mixer apps work, I get a memory reference error. Disable the AWE32 and all is fine. Unfortunately removing the AWE32 is not an option as it hosts my Yamaha DB50XG daughter card. I've heard of a new videologic card which has a daughterboard connector - I think it's called the sonic Vortex 2. Would one of these work properally in conjunction with an SB Live?

Thanks people,

Damien

No nonono if liveware 4 came with the new 5.1 cards it would have said so all over Creative labs homepage and news sites and I dont know where. CL uses too much resources on marketing monkeys we have waited 3 months now for SMP compatible drivers but nope not yet, dont expect LW4 anytime soon trust me

could we please just get some official win2k dxr3 drivers out before all this gets going.

Tom

Gambler FEX online did you forget that CL did same thing with NoN 5.1 last yrs with LW3 "Platinum,MP3+,X-Gamer" 2 or 3 week later they made press releases on LW3.

yeah but i still dont think that LW 4 is going to be out anytime soon. Maybe like march or april by time it is.