Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zalem

Whats wrong with these 6.xx detonators?

I have now tried 6.18, 6.27 and 6.31 detonators in win2k and most games just freeze the computer when starting them!

I have a tnt card, and all older drivers has worked without a problem, its just these 6.xx that seems to be major mistake...

Or is there anything i can do, im now running the 5.32 drivers and they work just fine!

i had a TNT (just got a GF2) and i could use the 6.xx drivers no probs, what are your system specs?

My system spec:

Aopen Ax6bc Millennium Edition Mb(Bx chipset)

P3 500@560 Mhz

256 Mb Ram

Stb Velocity 4400 (Tnt1) Video adapter

Ibm deskstar 13,5 Gb 7200 Rpm Hd

Promise Ultra ata 100 Ide controller

Adaptec 2902E Scsi adapter

Aopen 52x Cdrom

Matsu****a Cdr (scsi)

Cnet 10/100 Mb Network adapter

Soundblaster Live Value with Lw 3

I posted an exact same query last week, didn't get any useful replies aside from, 'my system works ok'. My problem is the same as yours and reverting back to the detonator 2 drivers does indeed cure the problem. I doubt if it is related to the hardware specs as my system has only the SB Live card in common with yours. I know that other people have had this issue as I have seen posting on MS newsgroups but as yet noone has been able to come up with a cure.

Chris

well im not an expert but my take on it would probably be a registry error. Sorry i couldnt help ya but it does seem to be a mobo/driver issue.

I have the exact same card and had the exact same problem. What I did was went to http://zoiah.m3dzone.com/ and flashed the 4400 with the latest reference bios with the TV chip (I have a the Brooktree on mine). After that the card ran perfectly w/ Detinator 3. The TV out also works perfectly too.

STB has the WORST driver and BIOS update program. They never, ever update a damn thing on any of their cards. Switching your BIOS makes the card an NVidia reference card and gets you out from under STB crappy service.

[This message has been edited by JediBaron (edited 01 October 2000).]

Could be a problem with Fast Writes, check to see if you have them enabled in your BIOS. You can also use a program such as PowerStrip to see if they are actually enabled in the OS. If they are enabled then try disabling them and run some tests.

------------------

Jim "KDawg" Komkov

Co-Founder / Admin / Beer Drinking Redneck

The Wulfpac

ShinerRedneck : Drunk with Attitude!

[This message has been edited by jkomkov (edited 02 October 2000).]

Ok, Thank you all for your help, i changed the agp aperture size and that seemed to help, but i shall also flash the videocard bios!

Thanx!