Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ironman666

win2k and 3dfx cards

hi everyone. i am running win2k pro and i have a riva tnt as my vid card. i am thinking of getting a 3dfx card (voodoo 3 or 5) because my motherboard (asus P2L97) has compatibility issues with riva based cards. my question is this, does 3dfx have good support for win2k drivers? are 3dfx's drivers stable and updated as much as nvidia's? thanks in advance.

syed ahmad

Actually as it turns out it depends on what 3dfx card you get.. for example 3dfx doesnt even have a win2k version of their drivers for the 3 3500 they are all beta as is the Visual Reality software that you need with the both 3000 and 3500.. i think 3dfx has released a 2k driver kit for the 4 and 5's but i am not positive. i have a VooDoo 3 3500 and i just upgraded that from a VooDoo3 2000 both AGP and they worked great in Win 2k.. actually for the 2 3000 i had some home grown drivers from a Guy named OMEGA ,, but the beta ones from 3dfx worked fine.. the main reason i have 3dfx card is because i do a lot of video capture with it (this is the 3 3500 only) and i have never ever had a compatibility issue with them .. at least with software.. they are great cards. However there are better cards out there peformance wise so it is up to you to make the call. 3dfx also had a reputation for pissing off their costomers in the Drivers and support section..

I'm running a VooDoo 4 4500 AGP and have had no problems at all. It uses the V5 drivers and works great.