Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bursar

Need a Win2k Webcam quickly.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best model to go for? Will be used by our "big boss" for an important meeting, so must give fairly good quality image.

Am looking in the region of £100 (UK).

TIA.

UK? Ok...nevermind...I was going to say I'm selling mine. decent quality and onboard mic.

Logitech makes a Win2k friendly line...I've used their Quickcam Home(WEB) for a while, and am generally pleased with it.

I bought the Phillips Vesta Pro PCVC680K recently and am very happy about it. It offers you up to 640 x 480 with 30 fps in a fair good quality. Also it contains nice video-software made by ulead. You should keep this cam in your mind.

Iv got the 3com homeconenct. It might not be the cheapest but the best rarely is. if you want reviews goto cnet and check it out, its imagine quality is leaps and bounds above anything out there, or it was when I bought it 4 months ago.

Phil,

When do you need it for?

I can lend you my Intel one.

Not the greatest, it will need to be running under either Win98 or Win2000 (It's USB) and you really gotta use NetMeeting.

I can bring it for you tomorrow, if I remember where you work - been so long since we worked together smile

------------------

PIII 700E, Intel D815EEA, 512MB PC100 RAM (Hyundai), Matrox G400MAX, SB Live! Value, Intel 10/100 NIC, Adaptec 2940UW, IBM 7200 ATA100 30GB HD, IBM 7200 ATA66 20GB HD, Pioneer 32x/6x SCSI DVD, Yamaha 4416 SCSI CD-RW, Iomega Zip 100 SCSI Internal, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 410.

Windows 2000 Only

Go for the 3com Homeconnect, installs and works perfectly under w2k. Brilliant image and up to 60fps over a network....

Chris

Thanks for all the suggestions, but someone here remembered that we have a video camera along with a capture card.

I haven't actually tried this yet, but it sounds like it should work.

If it doesn't, I'll see if we can splash the cash for the 3Com camera.