Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kanniball

Problem with Ati 9500Pro and Phillips 107E

Hi! I can' have a full size image, i'm using the ati drivers 2.5.1 and xfree 4.2. I've configued X with fglrxconfig and monitor settings are correct (I've readed the manual). I've setted my resolution to 1024*768 with 24 bits, and when I check the status of monitor it gives me a "new mode" (wich means that its a unknown resolution), and the refresh rate is fine (85Hz).

How can I solve the problem? I've used this monitor and Xfree version with one TNT2 and everithing was fine...

Please help me!

Are you trying to change a setting when this change in mode takes place? If so what setting and in which piece of software?

I've tried to change all the settings and nothing...

and when I run the Slackware-Live the size is ok but the screen is dislocated to left. This slackware-live uses Xfree86 4.3.0 with "ati" driver. I think that the problem is on Xfree 4.2(.1) .

But ati doesn't have drivers for Xfree 4.3... frown

I've already write it on feedback form, but there's no answer... Why Ati doen't provide full source of drivers??? I can't understand.... there's no way to put them working in Xfree 4.3?

I'm realy despaired... I need this working I think I'm gonna flame ati with emails until them provide the full opensource drivers....

If someone can help, I would appreciate.

Thanks in advance!