Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cholera

WinTV PCI-FM

It does not work ..

I installed SP1 ... nothing.

I have a Geforce with Det. 6.18.. tried 5.x and 3.x... nothing...

It dumps when he should start playing a picture...

I installed the newest dribers from the net... Nothing....

I've the same problem and really don't know what to do anymore. The strange thing is that is has been working for a while and suddenly i get these BSODs too.

Cholera, when no one knows a solution then you should try alternative TV software like BorgTV . It even works without the Hauppauge WinTV driver installed. smile

The newest is not always best.

Stick to what hauppauge tell you. WDM drivers do not work. Do not waste your time!!! Turn off overlay use "primary", or if it's that bad "DIB". Assuming you have a Bt848, 878, 878a chip then the standard video for windows drivers should be fine. Start with the basics, forget about the FM bit for now. IF you can get 1 frame/sec with mono sound, and no radio then thats a start. My own card is a Wintv Nicam (model 406), and no other drivers work for it, added to that it has a specific sound chip on it too.

If you want to waste time then search this forum, and go here:

http://www.geocities.com/amethman/

Maybe its something else? Like ACPI, those 3 scsi cards and two voodoo2's, and the 400 users connected to your server smile

If you have the time rip out everything and try getting it to work with just video card, mobo, and tvcard (and of course win2k).

Also try the NT4 drivers.

------------------

System Spec:

Athlon 800

Gigabyte GA-7IXE F4

128Mb SSi PC100

TNT (radeon coming)

Hauppauge Wintv Model 406

Realtek 8029 LAN (cnx to ISDN server)

Creative ES1371 (PCI64v) smile

Creative SBlive Value frown

Creative 48mx CDROM

Memorex TriMaxx200(DVD/CDR/CDRW, 6,4,24) Maxtor 91301U3 13Gb UDMA 4

LS120

<Unknown> has caused a fault in <Unknown>. <Unknown> will now close.

What board (motherboard)do you have? I have never had a problem I just install w2kdrv306 and my WinTV TH with FM works great dont use FM. I always delete what it finds in the system properties then install w2kdrv306 and then do a Scan for hardware changes and it in stalls fine.

[This message has been edited by Yearout (edited 20 September 2000).]

I've a MSI 6167 mainboard with an Athlon 500 CPU. My video- (Elsa Erazor III Pro), NIC- (3com Etherlink 3c905TX) and TV-card (WinTV Radio) share one interrupt (11), but it worked fine earlier anyways. I didn't change any drivers or something, just after one reboot I can't watch TV with WinTV anymore. I'm sure the drivers are not the guilty, because NetMeeting recognize and works with them. It must have something to do with the TV application. Btw, it makes no change if I set the video mode to primary or DIB draw.

Kevin

I also have the wintv with FM card and it worked very fine after i installed the newest drivers from the homepage...not the wdm drivers but the wfv drivers...but after 4 days it just turned nuts...i get strange scrabeling lines over the picture when i fullscreen the picture....what to do about that?

/----/

Dual P3 Coppermine 600Mhz/133Mhz

Tyan Tiger 133 Rev G with the newest bios

256Mb PC133

Guillemot 3D Prophet Geforce 256

27,3 Gb Deskstar

46,7 Gb Deskstar

61,3 Gb Deskstar

10X Aopen DVD rom

8X/4X/24X Yamaha cd rom recorder

SbLive 1024

Creative Dxr3 Mpeg

3Com Fast Ethernet 10/100Mbit

some other useless shit.... smile

/Silent-IQ -=ReSpEcT=-

If the interference (or "noise") is in parallel bars from top to bottom, I've had them several times. The only way they went a way was by re-installing the card its drivers.

Okay, I did the following and now it's finally working again:

1. Uninstall the WinTV-Software and -Drivers COMPLETLY

2. Uninstall the nVidia-Display Drivers COMPLETLY, so Windows 2000 uses its own nVidia-Drivers after a reboot

3. Install the WinTV Drivers again

4. After a reboot install the WinTV-Software

5. Set "Display Mode" to Overlay

6. Search and programm all channels

7. At LAST (make sure WinTV was working successfully before) install the nVidia-Drivers again.

Now I'm running the Detonator 3 and WinTV without problems. Hope it will also in the future.

Kevin

Just wondering...

With the overlay enabled, when you go into TV mode is the picture stretched to full size, without changing the resolution?

With my TNT in Win2k overlay didn't work, and in win98 it only worked @ <1024. With my new radeon it works in Win2k, but not with full screen stretch, and in win98 it works at my default resolution of 1280.

No, it's not fullsized, either not in Primary oder DIB Draw Mode. Anyways alternative TV applications like MoreTV or BorgTV work fine in fullscreen.

Kevin

Yes, thats what i found, but its back to the custom sound chip problem! The other programs just can't program it right. one app that came with a register editor was the closest I got to getting sound with the apps, but it messed up Huappauge's own WinTV program.

It make it clear on who's side the problems lie, (Hauppauge); and they have done nothing about it.