Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
flo

Problem with Mandrake on Compaq Presario 2144

My notebook runs with Windows XP, but I want to install Mandrake too. There is no problem during the installation, but after the computer is rebooting, I can choose between Mandrake and Win XP, but no OS is functionning. Mandrake is blocked at line "PCMCIA" and Win XP says about that there is a problem of partition.

Help me please !!!

I ran into this just yesterday when trying to install Mandrake 9.1 on my Dell Inspiron 7500. I pulled my Orinoco based wireless card out of the pcmcia slot(leaving it empty) rebooted the computer and it booted fine. I reinstered my card and configured it properly from with in gnome and everything worked fine. The computer even boots fine after this. If you have any cards in your slot take them out! Then try booting it.

As for your partition issue. How did you go about repartitioning your OS? did you create two partitions from cratch and install a fresh copy of WinXP? Partition magic? If it's a fresh install the only thing I could suggest is to try it again. If you used partition magic unfortunately there isn't much you can do unless you created the partition magic rescue disk. If you did put that in. If you didn't your more than likely SOL. I have run into partition magic on rare occasions corrupting the partition some how.

Hopefully some of this info helps you out. Unfortunately I'm still not God, as hard as I try, so I don't know everything. If any one else has more info or ideas please post!!!