Compatible Support Forums
tzezone

Machine_ Check_Exception

Every time I tried to Install WinXp to my PC this Error will come out with this code 0x0000009c (0x00000000, 0x8054da70, 0xb2000000, 0x1040080f)

it will come out at 8 minutes before the installation finish.

I am wondering what cause of this error and how to fix it.

I really need help about this problem

Thanks.

Usually this occurs due to a hardware problem, such as overheating, overclocking, bad memory, or a bad power supply.

Can you post some specs.on the system?

Reference

Thanks,

This are the full part of the error

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information

***STOP: 0x0000009c (0x00000000, 0x8054DA70, 0xb2000000, 0x1040080f)

Beginning Dump of physical memory.

Physical memory dump complete

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance

But I am wondering why this occurred during the installation of windows XP.

Any idea?..

Thanks.

Here is a description of the error.

Can you post the machine specs.?

1. System make and model or motherboard make and model.

2. Amount of memory in the system.

If a self built system, what components you have in the system.

3. Any recent hardware changes that you have made. For example, if you added memory, what make and model memory and is it the same brand and model memory that was in the system originally.

Has any other operating system been tried on this system?

Modal = Intel Pentium 4

RAM = 512

Additional Hardware only ATI grafik Card.

I haven't try any other OS but I gonna try it now and I will post the result.

I tried to check all the fan and all working good.

I had try to install the windows ME and it was success to install.

Then it try to Upgrade it to Windows Xp pro then the same error show up again.

So in my opinion the PC doesn't support for Windows Xp pro but before I format the PC it was a Xp pro. (I format the PC because its doesn't load properly)

Then I figure out of something, I had try to enable the 'SYSTEM FAN from bios then restart it, the CPU was beeping....

So I think its about the FAN...

U have any idea?

Pentium 4 systems tend to generate a lot of heat. Without knowing exactly what make and model system (or motherboard) that you have (not the type) it's hard to say what the bios beep code was that you were getting means, or if your system supports Windows XP, but it does sound like an overheating issue. The bios beep codes usually mean either a CPU problem (like overheating), a video problem or memory issue.

If you can, try taking the case cover off and see if the CPU fan seems to be running properly (steady and without undo noise). If by chance leaving the case open and installing XP works, you know that you have an overheating issue.

Pentium 4 systems with your memory count should install XP fine, but it is hard to say, since you were having problems with the old install, you most likely have an issue with some hardware component in general. Could even be the hard drive flaking out do to excessive heat in the case. With the case open and under load (installing XP) see if the hard drive makes any clicking noises or if the hard drive LED on the case seems like it is on constantly, without flashing or occasionally going of when it is not under load.