Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DOScrash

nVidia and the Asus P5A-B motherboard instability in Win2k

Thanks for all your posts! I've had this problem with a creative tnt w/w2k SP1 for weeks. I had to save every 5 minutes because I didn't know when it would BSOD next. I made the bios changes and registry additions and now it's been up for 4 days!

Has anyone tried this w/o disabling the external cache? I've disabled mine and would like it back.

Thanks again,

Joe

Again as I have posted on a few other topics here, I had a VIA Chipset that was riddled with tons of issues with gaming and Win2k. My solution was to put in an 815E chipset from Intel with the same hardware. (I had Asus motherboards and Abit motherboards for my VIA Chipsets).

All my problems completely went away once I made this switch. Games that were crashing at rock solid now upon hours of play (Deus Ex is a great example. It would last maybe 1-2 mins on the VIA Chipset). I'm using the latest Det 3 drivers with the SB Live Platinum and have yet to get a single blue screen or crash. I hate to say, but conform and go for Intel if you want a rock solid system.