Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cyb

Hibernation problems with Abit BH6

Hi!

I got an Abit BH6 motherboard with the newest Bios (QN) and Win2K intalled. My problem is if I turn off APM

in Win2K, hibernation mode works fine, but the computer doesn't automatically power off. If I turn APM on in Win2K, the computer

can power off automatically but there are problems with the hibernation mode : I can

hibernate, but when I restart it tries to read the data (successfully) and then it freezes when trying to get into windows.

Can somebody help me?

Look like i have the same prob with my BH6. With APM on or OFF i can hibernate, but it wont awaken from hibernation. Just gets to the Progress bar thing like you said and stops at the end.

Im using bios NV, and ive also tried the latest SS and it seems both wont work. I used to use KG and that worked perfectly. Looks like ill be flashing it again tonight wink

Thanks for posting your problem as it confirmed the question i was about to ask.

to solve all you you bh6 1.0 probs in win2k:

1) update you bios with the latest one (SS)

2) load setup defaults

3) CHANGE mode to ACPI ENABLED!!!

4) install win2k

If I already have Win2K installed and I'll update the BH6 BIOS to SS, would Win2K detect I have an ACPI compliant PC? Thanks

my bios is also acpi compliant however I installed win2k and it went MPS by default.

re-install and when it prompts to press f5 to list alternative scsi controllers press f6 and set you machine as a acpi pc

HTH

CL

Quote:
Originally posted by Simon Ngan:
If I already have Win2K installed and I'll update the BH6 BIOS to SS, would Win2K detect I have an ACPI compliant PC? Thanks

No. You have to update bios, switch to acpi enabled, clean install win2k.

I tried that too, but it still wont resume from hibernation.

After flashing back to Bios KG it works perfectly. But the CPU (celeron 566) isnt stable at 953mhz anymore. Still works well at 876mhz all the same.