Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jra101

GeForce2 mouse cursor problems

I have a Hercules GeForce2 and whenever my mouse cursor goes over a text box or edit box the mouse cursor disappears! Highly annoying smile

Thanks,

Jason A.

I have same problem althou I have Asus TNT2. Does your cursor work if you reboot? I get this problem after my machine has been on for several days. I haven't been able to solve this problem either.

My problem is always occuring, starts when my computer first boots and never goes away. I'm using the 5.32 Nvidia reference drivers, I am gonna try the latest Hercules drivers and see if that works.

Jason A.

Turn off cursor shadows (Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointers -> Enable pointer shadow). This will probably fix it.

Installing the 5.32 beta Detonator 2 drivers seems to have corrected all of the mouse cursor issues for me.

[This message has been edited by neurobash (edited 16 July 2000).]

If I turn mouse pointer shadow off I lose all cursors not just the "text field" cursor. A little bit strange?

most likely related to Nvidia Drivers.. I have a TNT2 Ultra and get the same bug. I have no idea what causes it and the only way to fix it is by rebooting.

and enabling mouse shadow fixes non-text cursors. disabling mouse shadow makes all cursors corrupt.

Just found a way to cure this problem. Set display hardware acceleration one step down from full.

Display Properties -> Advanced -> Troubleshooting