Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SirKuz

Considering SBLive for my win2k...

Thinking about stickin this MX300 and going with a SB Live Platinum for my Windows 2000 box because of the nonexistant support for the MX300. I have a couple of questions before I buy.

1. Is there a differnce between the original SB Live! and the SB Live Platinum as far as the card itself is concerned ? (I know Plat. comes with the live drive)

2. How is your experience with the card and drivers in win2k ? Does CL have all options funtioning properly on the card ? (ie EAX support)

3. Does anyone know if CL plans on release a package like the Platinum except with live drive 2 ?

TIA,

Kuz

CL has released Liveware 3.0 drivers for win2k, which means that there's no difference in running win2k or win98 with a sblive.

The drivers work a little better in win2k! During the installation it let's you specify if you have 2/4 speakers! This means that you don't have to download 20 megs. of crap just to get your SBLIVE working with 4 speakers!

As for Platinium, I don

t know, my SBLIVE value works just fine!

thanks for the responce.

Now does anyone know if there is a differnce between the sb live value and the platinum cards them selves ?

yes the value is pretty much the same card but doesnt have stuff like the live! Drive that the platnuim does, and probably a few other small things, im sure creatives website will have some info on it.

The Platinum has Live Drive and gold connectors. I'm not sure if there's more than that but those are 2 differences that I know of.

Rob

Livedrive II has been standard with the Platinum in Europe for months.

All newer creative sb lives have the exact same card, just with extras plugged in; the Player 1024 can be expanded to a Livedrive II for example.

The discontinued Value edition is a different card in that it doesn't have a digital mini jack and it can't be upgraded to Livedrive II.

Brendan

I think Liveware 3.0 for win2k doesn´t seem to support SPDIF. It does support it in win98.

At least winDVD and PowerDVD report SPDIF as not supported when running win2k.