Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spacey

Mmm Detonator 3!

Hey, just read the post on VoodooExtreme.com

Has anynone tried it yet? I'll prolly instal it when I get home from work. *hoping there's some nice improvement* :))

Just look at SharkyExtreme or AnandTech, those drivers are great.

I tested MDK2 test on my PII 450/Geforce DDR at 1024x32bit, I got 39fps with 5.30's and 50fps on the 6.18's (vsync disabled); UT timedemo 1 gave me a nice 38 fps at 1024x32bit with the new ones. It's almost a free card upgrade laugh

Detonator 3 drivers lease my ass with an option to own! smile

And when you you were wondering how they pulled all that extra speed from 5.xx they've done it again..excellent

OOoooooh, and, video out works without rebooting now! ON THE FLY! yeahh!

Does it make any difference with TNT2Ultras in Win2000. I know the new drivers are actually slower in Win98SE, but no one has talked about 2000.

yeah i got a tnt2, i noticed a little bit of a speed increase from the 5.30 drivers. anyway these guys aren't buggy or anything so i mean, what do you have to lose? if it does'n break it, take it smile

I got a BSOD the first time I installed them, so I booted into safe mode, removed them via the Control Panel Add/Remove Software and then rebooted. Re-installed them with all applications killed - including NAV2000.

Now, I think they're faster, and more importantly, they're more stable. And combined with X-Setup from xteq systems (www.xteq.com), I can speed up my TNT2 Ultra using NVidia's own overclocker app.

Just my $0.02...

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

Quick question about the D3 drivers...is the 'full-screen-gaming refresh-rate problem' finally resolved under Win2k or do we once again have to hack an INF file?

Thanks in advance.

I just dumped powerstrip 2.72 to try and the proper refreshes for my monitor (75-85khz) are being used automatically. I want to still boost it up higher with pstrip, but that app doesn't seem to like the new d3 drivers. So, this'll do for now...

:}

------------------

W2K Pro(Purchased Retail, ACPI/SMP)

Supermicro SBDBS r1.02, Bios 3.0 (dead on-board SCSI chip)

2xPIII @450mhz (not o/c)

256mb PC100 Ram in 2 sticks

3xIDE HDs (50gb total, all NTFS) and 1 Pioneer IDE DVD-ROM (all UDMA)

Geforce 256 DDR (32mb), CL AnnPro (DET v5.32)

SBLive! Platinum with digital breakout card (LW3.0)

3COm 3C515-TX ISA Ethernet 10/100 (W2k CD)

SIIG AP-40 UWide SCSI PCI (W2K CD)

Nikon LS-2000 SCSI film scanner (drivers now released)

Sony SDT-9000 SCSI 4mm DAT (W2K CD)

SAF 4012 SCSI CD-Write (W2K CD)

Iomega Zip 100 SCSI Drive (no drivers)

MS Natural Keyboard Pro USB (updated MS drivers)

MS Intellimouse Optical USB (updated MS drivers)

HP Laserjet 6L via USB printing (W2K CD)

Epson Stylus Photo 700 via parallel

Rainbow Sentinel Parallel Dongle for LightWave6

These drivers also get rid of the problem with the flicker and the mouse shadow! Whoohoo!

-Super

Big improvement for me. Went from ~80fps in demo001 to 92fps in 800x600x32bit. I was so accustomed to hacking the inf file, that I didn't check to see if the default refreshes in game would be 85Hz or better (I normally run 100Hz@800x600).

Win2K Retail

PIII 550@605

256MB RAM

25GB IDE HD (IBM)

ASUS P3B-F

Visiontek GeForce SDR 130/180 (ver 6.18 drivers)

SB Live! MP3+

Intel Pro/100 Mgmt Adapter

Samsung 5x DVD/32x CD Drive

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Anyone had lockups with these new drivers? I just had one complete lockup, dislay just freezed. I didn't have this problem with 5.22 drivers.

Mouse cursor seems to be fixed in this release althou.

I have lockups. My win2k freezes in boot when there is first time "blue screen" appear. With previous drivers I had never lockups. I have tnt2 viper 770 ultra

I have lockups. My win2k freezes in boot when there is first time "blue screen" appear. With previous drivers I had never lockups. I have tnt2 viper 770 ultra

Here are my results:

BP6 2xCels 366@561 Elsa Erazor X2

Quake 3 demo001

WIN2K

Textures---------16bits------32bits

smp_0------------72fps-------66fps

smp_1------------57fps-------53fps

realtime_smp_1---53fps-------52fps

WIN98------------58fps-------54fps

These drivers rock in WIN2K! smile

WIN2K is now FASTER than Win98 smilesmilesmile

But...UT stutters and pagefiles like hell! frown

(game's d3d dll problem again I believe).

UT randomly locks in ogl mode...f*** glide engine).

With these new drivers, I did have one problem on first boot-up after when my mouse/keyboard refused to work - but it's been perfectly fine since....and games just rock with the new drivers.

-Ex-

Again one lockup with these shiny new drivers. Now it locked up only after 8 hours had passed from last reboot.

With 5.32 drivers longest uptime was a little bit over three weeks and then I had to reboot to install Service Pack 1. So, back to 5.32 drivers. Only thing that I miss from 6.18 drivers is working mouse cursor. Performance comes only second to stability.

My system :

Abit BP6 2x400@552 Celeron

256Mb RAM

Asus 32Mb TNT2

you can turn of paging in ut..which you should if you have >=128 mb

in advanced properties

[This message has been edited by nagual (edited 17 August 2000).]

I have the EXACT same problem jjaaskel, except I don't have the ultra card, just a normal Viper V770.

These drivers aren't worth using if I have to boot my computer twice a day just to get into windows, plus who knows what other problems they're causing that I haven't noticed yet...

Anyone else? Anyone have a solution?

No problems here, I can now turn the acceleration all the way up with my Hercules GF 2 64 meg card and not get any 2D screen glitches like I did with the 5.32 drivers

Nothing but great things here.

------------------

My Windows 2000 System:

Dual Intel 850's

Tyan Thunder 2400 MB

Onboard Intel 82559 NIC

512 Megs Ram

Adaptec 39160 Ultra 160

1 - 18 Gig Cheetah - U160

2 - 18 Gig Cheetah U2W

1 - Maxtor 60 Gig (IDE)

SB Live Platinum

Plextor 12/4/32 - Burner

Plextor 40x UW CD-Rom

10x Sony DVD Drive

Hercules Geforce 2 64meg

Dual V2 Cards, for D2

Viewsonic PF815 22" Monitor

My Win ME System:

PIII 733

Asus P3C4X MB

256 Megs PC133 Mem

Adaptec U2W Scsi Card

1 - 9 Gig Cheetah 10K

48x IDE CD-Rom

CL Geforce DDR

ESS 1371 Sound Card

I also have to boot twice to get past the blue screen. I have a Creative TNT2 Ultra. I'm thinking of going back to the old drivers.

Well, ive been using detonator 3 drivers for 5 days straight now, not a problem so far. (infact, the release after the old 3.65 drivers, I dont think ive had a problem since then). The fact that they're faster and video-out works on the fly makes them bloody brilliant, only downside is I dont think my video in is working with my card, will have to wait for asus to release some detonator 3 drivers soon ( shouldnt take them too long ). And for people having problems with detonator 3, I would suggest looking elsewhere with whats causing the problems.