Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kyosho46vr

New ADSL is COOL!!

If you have a chance to get ADSL.....do it!!

In my area it is 512/256 for 39.99 a month.

Works great!!!

Ned

Talk about lucky b*tch! I have been dreaming of this thing for years, and you get it before you know what it is!

whaaaaaa! frown

anyway, with a little luck I will get it before christmas. I cant wait cant wait cant wait etc.

(Have ISDN modem, expensive and I must log on every time I want internet)

Well I have had DSL for a year and a half now paying 110.00 a mont h for ISP and the dedicated line. I am really jazzed with ADSL. I did not load PPP/OE on my W2K machine I bought a Linksys DSL/Router and it is ready for the PPP/OE protocal. I have up to 5 machines hooking at times. The ADSL modem is fast and I have not been bumped from the connection as of yet.

Ned

How far away are you from the telephonecentral? I am about 10000 feet away, and cannot get the service until a bit later and probably at a lower speed.

Is this really true, or just marketing monkeying? According to

http://www.adsl.com/adsl_tutorial.html

it is theoretically possible with 6.1Mbit/s, so then 384kbit/s (as I can afford) should work right?

I live exactly 16000 feet away from my CO.

I get speeds of 1204/300kbps(bits) and pay 40 a month... I'm with bellsouth.net and had some problems at first. As soon as they switched me on another Phone circit, I havent been down in 6 months.

I LOVE THIS SH*T!

My school has a deal with Covad, so my fraternity house [a bunch of engineers] gets 768kbps sDSL for $86.50/mo.

Granted, we all share it, but the only time we're all on is when we start a huge deathmatch. I've had my own D/Ls clocked at 606kbps! [according to WMP]

-bZj

Now, as soon as wetware goes mainstream, the assimilation can begin...

------------------

- brian@infinitejones.com

Code:
==================             ===================Home built system:             Also, just for fun:Soyo SY-7VCA                   AST Bravo LC 4/66d[VIA T82C694X]                 Intel 486 CPU[onboard sound]                40 MB RAMPIII 500E [flip chip]          500 MB Conner HddPNY 128 MB PC100 RAM           3 1/2, 5 1/4, 2x CDStealth III S540               3com Etherlink II3com Etherlink III             Adaptec AHA-1545 SCSIQuantum Fireball 10.3 GB Hdd   [to host some files on:]HP A4331D 20" Monitor          1.3 GB internal SeagateWin2K Pro [v5.00.2195, SP-1]   2 2 GB external Seagates[format => clean install]      Windows 95 [v4.00.1111]Covad DSL [shared]             pcAnywhere 9.2                               [so I can leave it in the closet]

[This message has been edited by Down8 (edited 05 August 2000).]

ONE MEGABYTE downstream is incredible, oh my god. At school we had 256kbyte downstream/upstream but you beat that with four times as much!

I guess it's some kind of VDSL, and you live less than 6000 feet from the central?

OpticFreeze,

How far are you away now that they changed Phone circuit?

Well i get 3Mbps/500kbps on my cable ($39/month canadian), so boohoo to all your *dsl lines smile

And yes, its *always* fast!