Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
F-Man

Resident evil 1 issues on Vista

I recently downloaded resident evil 1 for my computer, and after some tweaking, got it to run. The problem is, however, that while the first play-through went fine, every time after it, there is absolutely no sound. Ive installed the game multiple times and multiple ways on my computer, and I keep getting the same result.

Also, when I begin any campaign,the animations seem to be a little fast at in-game cutscenes. It wasnt much of a problem, but when I start jill's campaign, after I meet the first zombie, and let barry take care of it, the game stops moving. It doesnt crash, and it doesnt freeze, but after the dialogue stops, both of them dont move, and all of the controls are non-responsive. I dont know if the unusual speed in which the cutscenes run is the cause of this or not, but it seems like it might have tsomething to do with it.

Any known solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Try alt+tab out, go to your volume options and bring the wave all the way back up.

I am having the same trouble as the OP. The sound worked first time and then it crashed at the same spot and when i started again, no sound. I re-installed but still no sound. Any suggestions on how i could go back to the begining so to speak. is there something i can delete manualy so it behaves like a completely fresh instalation.

Im running the game in compatibility mode for 95

right i have got it to work again laugh

i made a copy of the image/iso of the disk.

burnt it to another disk,

copied the entire content into a new folder.

made the install and resident evil exe in compatability mode

with 95

installed from that install to a different directory to the default.

and all was well again:)

Im not sure what out of this was nessisary but i thought i would share.

I also found from another forum a way past the hang after the first zombie with jill.

when you first enter the dining room, try to leave out of the door you just came in, weskar will tell you to investigate if you hear gunfire, try again and barry calls you a coward, then after you have spoke to barry about the blood stain run past the clock and you will get a different cutscene which doesnt hang. (im think you do lose out on some ammo from kenneth's remains)

I hope this is of use have fun

ATTENTION! VARIOUS ISSUES OF RESIDENT EVIL 1 FOR PC SOLVED!

yeah and no need to burn any cd's or wasting no money.

1) You just BUY the pc version of RE

2) put compatibility mode to "setup.exe" put it for Win98/me

3) execute the "setup.exe" if nothing happens JUST TAP THE SPACE KEY!!!!! NO NEED TO "ALT-TAB" NOR "WINDOWS START" JUST THAT!

4)install: complete install

5) set "Resident evil.exe" to compatibility mode with 98/me same as the setup

6) start the game

7) if it is too fast or too slow USE CPUKILL. Theres NO OTHER WAY to solve this problem

8) if you arrive to the part where Barry kills the zombie and it gets freeze. and when you re-start the game you got no sound:(... don't desperate. you only have to mount the ISO of your game from a diferent "virtual drive" and its problem over! the sounds come back again

9) As for the cpukill settings...for me 10% worked out fine. but i cant assure ill work for u...just move the bar til u get optimal speed for ur preferences...

U TAKE CARE

ATTENTION! VARIOUS ISSUES OF RESIDENT EVIL 1 FOR PC SOLVED!

yeah and no need to burn any cd's or wasting no money.

1) You just <span style="font-weight: bold">BUY</span> the pc version of RE

2) put compatibility mode to "setup.exe" put it for Win98/me

3) execute the "setup.exe" if nothing happens JUST TAP THE SPACE KEY!!!!! NO NEED TO "ALT-TAB" NOR "WINDOWS START" JUST THAT!

4)install: complete install

5) set "Resident evil.exe" to compatibility mode with 98/me same as the setup

6) start the game

7) if it is too fast or too slow USE CPUKILL. Theres NO OTHER WAY to solve this problem

8) if you arrive to the part where Barry kills the zombie and it gets freeze. and when you re-start the game you got no sound:(... don't desperate. you only have to mount the ISO of your game from a diferent "virtual drive" and its problem over! the sounds come back again

9) As for the cpukill settings...for me 10% worked out fine. but i cant assure ill work for u...just move the bar til u get optimal speed for ur preferences...

U TAKE CARE

whats cpu kill

Hi all, this maybe a Old Topic.... I Had Blank Videos When starting the game intro & all other videos ONLY HAD SOUND Playing ...i followed the Advice Given...

but no Joy...

Only Just Found Out it was me 2 ATI 4870s in Crossfire doing it, all i at to do is Disable \remove the tic in the Crossfire box in the Crossfire Tab in ati control panel.

and now all is fine, i did not need to do any of the Advice like put into compat mode ...none was needed for me Runs stright off

fine on Vista 32 sp2 and 64bit sp2

all i at to do then is slow the CPU Speed Down.

USA UNCUT Ver is Sweet!