Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DFB

SB AWE64 Value Driver problem

Ok, I'm using the default drivers that Win2k installs during the original install. No output problems, the card works better then it ever did in Win9x.

BUT, I've just started to try to use Roger Wilco during my CS games, and the incoming sound is terrible. It is impossible for me to understand myself, let alone my fellow gamers. There is a ton of static, and the sound cuts in and out.

It DOES work under Win98 (have a dual boot going) but I'd much prefer having it go through Win2k as my 9x drivers are required for TV-Out, and they suck for gaming. (Asus v6600 Deluxe).

I have tried going to NT4 drivers, that managed to crash IE right after startup EVERY time. After restoring I tried to install 9x drivers, which was a no go, refuses to even start the installation.

(I know these sys specs are low, but my performance is fine, just audio in problems).

System Config:

P2-266

128Mb

ASUS v6600 Deluxe

SB AWE64 Value

10 Gb HDD + 6GB HDD (both WD)

Win2k + Win98 Dual boot

Any suggestions would be appreciated. This isn't that big a deal (I don't have to use roger wilco), but it would be nice to get working properly.

Unfortunately the SB64 is no longer supported by Creative. Maybe you swich to SB Live! which work fine (except digital audio out :() with the new Liveware.