Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dodoman

Corel 9 in Red Hat 9

Hi! I don't know much about Linux. The latest version of Red Hat is easy to install. But I don't know how to install other programs.

I need to install Corel Draw and Corel Photopaint 9 in Red Hat. I have a demo version of Corel Draw and a free version of Photopaint, but I don't know how it works. Is not like in Windows (Next -> Next -> Finish. Thank you laugh ) It's much complicated.

Can someone help me? Thank you.

I think you will find that the corel packages are shipped in 2 formats.

.rpm (for redhat) and .deb (for debian).

So in your case you will need to login as root and cd into the directory

which contains the corel.rpm

Code:
rpm -ivh whatever_package.rpm

i too am a corel 9 linux user. however, coreldraw seems not to work with redhat after redhat 8.0. this also goes for mandrake. in short, corel 9 for linux has a problem with all recent distros and i can't figure out why. it installs with no probelm but it just wont run. no error message. when you try to run it it just hangs. not the system, just the app. can anyone help with this problem?

Hi All! I am also trying to run Corel Draw 9 in Linux, SuSE 9.0Pro. When I try I get this message:

/usr/lib/corel/wine-graphics9/bin/wine: relocation error: /usr/lib/corel/wine-graphics9/lib/libwine.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Which is greek to me. Any idea what it means?

Can I revert to an older version of Wine and make it work??

Greg

Hi all.

Coming from someone who did his damnedist to work with WordPerfect 9, I can tell you that you're wasteing a lot of time on old and unsupported software. Move on! Linux offers great alternatives to what Corel offered back in 2000, and Corel will offer you no support. Save yourself a lot of headaches and move on to Linux alternatives. wink

Just trying to save you a lot of grief!

Cheers..