Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oldspice

Sportster 128k internal ISDN drivers AVAILABLE!

Great news. 3COM has beta drivers available for this card to work in Win2k. They are not public, but if you call support at 1-847-262-6200 they will email them to you, and yes they work! both channels...I will not make them available because they are not public and I do not know if they ever will be but call them and they will help you.

Hi oldspice,

This was the post I was looking for. I had the drivers emailed to me earlier this week. Then took me 3 days to find the card since I figured it was a lost cause. Anyway installed it last night and all I get are error messages about not enough memory (512 mg) Registry parameters not correct, device won't start, etc. Can you give me any help or advice? post to BB or send direct to me.

TIA

Curtis

make sure your jumpers are unplugged, there are two on the card. this enables plug and play and then you could try turning on all your services. I installed the drivers easily and w2000 found the card right away and then i set up dial-up networking with no problems.My w2000 install was a full install.I had not modified any settings and it sounds like, in your case, the registry is making a call that is not answered.I think there was a European version of the usr 128k also which may be your problem. keep dink'in and you should get it to work.I would also try the card in 98 and do the hardware test included with the driver software and make sure the card even works. Good luck!

Thanks oldspice, I'll give it a try. Went into the registry last night and all the final values ( in paernthesis ) were correct the string to that value were not the same as in the .ini file. I'll keep at it. I was surprised that your system found the card. mine doesn't and the jumpers are removed.

TFTH

Curtis

I'm sorry, let me say that I did have to add the card using the add new hardware icon and then choosing network adapter and adding the sportster 128k listed in the menu.Hey, also, if I remember correctly i think it demands irq 5 in plug and play mode.maybe not though.something else to look into. I'm no pro, just suggestions.might try freeing irq5.

oldspice, Have been trying everything I could think of but nada yet. will take to office tomorrow to test on a 98 machine. irq5 and I/O 300 are the defaults for the card and I had those settings with no conflict. dono!!

I'll keep trying.

Thanks

Curtis