Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Amptron 3100B and SMART compatibility

All my hard drives support it, and I am 98% sure my mobo does too. On the boot screen it says that SMART capability is disabled. Well, I've checked all the documentation on my mboard and have not found a way to enable it.

Does anybody out there have this mobo, and better yet, does anybody know how to enable SMART capability? ----btw what exactly is it?---- ")

------------------

---Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.---

Pentium II 450@504 4.5X112

128MB PC100 SDRAM

Diamond Viper V770 Ultra

Sound Blaster Live! Value

Seagate 13.6 Gig 7200RPM ATA/66

Western Digital 13.4 Gig 7200RPM ATA/66

Quantum 8.3 Gig

36X Acer CD Rom

Viewsonic PS790 19" Sweet as Heck Monitor

3Com NIC

Lexmark 5700 Printer

SMART is a technology that can detect defects in your hard drive, long before they become a problem.

Basically, it is a diagnostic protocol for your drives to talk to your motherboard.

In order for SMART to work, your drives would need to support it, which I am sure your ATA/66 drives support (don't know about that Quantum, depends how old it is).

The control to enable SMART would be in your BIOS. I am not exactly sure where. They may also call it something slightly different like "Hard drive diagnostic reporting." or the like.

I had an Amprton board for my old Pentium, but I only use Asus now. That company has way too many defects and problems.