Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JimmyK

anybody got a bp6 with a geforce gts2?

anybody got a bp6 with a geforce gts2? I just heard that it doesnt work. I am praying its a rumor, but I just figured I would ask you fellas.

The Abit BP6 and GeForce2 GTS both worked fine for me, but ONLY if the BP6 was set to 1x AGP using a utility like Powerstrip (default is AGP x2).

Greggy

MSI 694D (dual S370 VIA 133A), Dual cB0 PIII 733's @ 808MHz, 256Mb PC133, WinFast 32Mb GeForce2 GTS, 20Gb Baracuda II IDE on Ultra-100 controller, Intel PRO+ 10/100 nic, Windows 2000 Pro etc etc

HEy thx for the response.

Im curious though, how did u know 2x didnt work? are there some symptoms I should be expecting? or any wanring signs that the 2x is casuing the problem and nothing else?

I jsut ordered a v7700 deluxe and I really dont want to disable 2x agp. thx again

I have a BP6 with a GTS and have problems in that I can't use any driver > 5.13 (as any newer revision hangs on bootup, perhaps disabling AGP 2X would fix that but I don't know how), and with 5.13 my 3D performance under win2k is abysmall, ie I get like less than 1/2 the number of 3DMarks than under win98 and games are unplayable except at 640x480.

But it does seem that some people have been lucky in getting the GTS to work with the BP6 so perhaps you will have no problems.

It will be very obvious if your BP6 doesn't like the GeForce 2 GTS running with 2x AGP. My setup would 'freeze' shortly after a 3D application like Quake3 Arena or UT was started. As soon as I switched to 1x AGP everything was fine. I didn't notice bad performance with the GeForce2 GTS on my BP6 with dual Celeron 366's at 550MHz. I was using reference Detonator 5.30 drivers, as I think they are the best so far. 60fps in Q3A at 1024x768x32bit with everything maxed out was nothing to complain about, and D3D was great too. UT and NFS5 Porche were smooth as silk at 1024x768x32bit.

Greggy