Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Silent-IQ

How am i suppose to know if my win2k has udma66 enabeled?

Go to the device manager...click on your Primary (or secondary) IDE Controller and go to the advanced options. Should say what mode it is running in.

Actually that just shows UDMA enabled/disabled, in order to enable UDMA66 you must apply a registry hack...

to enable UDMA66 :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000]

"EnableUDMA66"=dword:00000001

to set back to default:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000]

"EnableUDMA66"=dword:00000000

you can also grab premade reg hacks that you can easily merge over at http://www.tweak3d.net they have quite a few Win2k tweak guides.

Actually that registry hack only applies to Intel onboard ATA66 chipsets.

For other chipsets and external controllers (HighPoint and Promise), only the use of their Win2K drivers are needed for ATA66 support.

HTH.

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

Thanks for the info, although I did notice increased throughput on my KX133 mobo after enabling the reg entry. Not sure why could just be related to something else wink but again thanks for pointing that out.

What about ATA/100 how do I know if THAT is enabled? smile (abit Bx133Raid)

-Kris

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperG:
What about ATA/100 how do I know if THAT is enabled? smile (abit Bx133Raid)
-Kris

this is totaly unrelated, but how do you like that bx133 raid board. im considering picking one up.