Sign in to follow this  
Slippy

Locking in Opengl and DirectX in Windows 2000

System Specs:

- Athalon 600

- 128 megs ram

- Soundblaster Live!

- nVidia TNT 2

- Some crappy proprietary Gateway 2000 motherboard (Kodoka?) that does not support agp4x

Whenever i play an opengl or directx game (Mostly Half-life TFC and Unreal Tournament) My computer locks randomly. Sometimes it's within a minute or two. Other times i could be playing for an hour before it happens. I've tried different things like disabling agp 2x with powerstrip, older drivers, etc, but nothing i have tried so far has worked. What can i do to fix this? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

[This message has been edited by Slippy (edited 31 July 2000).]

Call Gateway! wink

A Gateway system might not be as glamorous as some of the other systems, but you have a couple benefits.

1.) Some of the best support in the industry.

2.) More through compatibility testing than piecemeal systems.

Most likely you need motherboard/BIOS updates, but I don't know what those updates would be (I don't use Athlons).

Also, try going to http://www.3dchipset.com/ and downloading the 5.32 detonator drivers.

Thanks for your help, but i don't think gateway would help. I did not buy the computer with windows 2000 on it so i doubt they'd give me support for it. Also, i have the most recent bios update they have for my board. I've tried the 5.32 drivers, they crash. Anything else i can do to make sure i do not crash/hang?