Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nonzero

PowerDVD

People have said that installing PowerDVD under Windows 2000 severely inhibits game perforance. Is there any truth to these rumors.

What do you mean by severely inhibits game perforance??? I have been running Power DVD 2.5 for months and have not had any problems playing games. The software does not have anything to do with playing games. All it does is play your dvd movies.

More info on where you heard that would be helpfull.

What do you mean by severely inhibits game perforance??? I have been running Power DVD 2.5 for months and have not had any problems playing games. The software does not have anything to do with playing games. All it does is play your dvd movies.

More info on where you heard that would be helpfull.

Why it posted twice after clicking the reply button I have no idea.

I'm pretty sure it will take up 0.000000000000000000000000000000001% of system memory when it's not running. This probably still gets right up speed-nerds noses.

Or, perhaps someone found that when trying to play quake3 windowed, and watching a dvd with software decode, on a P90, it was just a bit slow.

Could it have been someone in the gaming industry, under the impression that 2 hours of FMV intro would be a problem, as people would never get to the game?

smile

Just tell that person who told you that to stick his FU up his and go home.

------------------

System Spec:

No CPU frown

No Mobo frown

128Mb SSi PC100

STB Velocity 4400 16Mb AGP PAL TV-Out

Hauppauge Wintv Model 406

Realtek 8029 LAN

Creative ES1371 (PCI64v)

56.6K (AkA 44k) ISA Modem

Creative 48mx CDROM

Memorex TriMaxx200(DVD/CDR/CDRW, 6,4,24) (cracked 1.60 bios)

Maxtor 91301U3 13Gb

LS120