Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MortalMan

Monster Mx300 a3d sound not working in win2k

I have windows2000 pro and Monster mx300 sound card, it uses the aureal drivers and is suppose to work in win2k,

i have sound but no a3d and i have installed the a3d drivers....

whats wrong??

I have that same card. it was go good in 9x, but it is **** in 2000. it dosent work. i got a new card. it just just does not work.

Using the beta drivers from Aureal does nothing. I have the same problem with a xitel (vortex 2). All you can do is just wait for the next release and use the bootleg eax support for now.

I play Half-Life using A3D with Aureal’s beta drivers - Version 5.10.2500, Build 49 in Windows 2K PRO.

FYI – You can’t just install the drivers by clicking on the executable, you have to take some preparation steps for them to work right. Go to this link (http://downloads.aureal.com/pub/Public/Drivers/Vortex/WDM_INSTALL.doc) to read (carefully) how to install the beta drivers.

Also, I noticed the Vortex Control Panel under Start > Settings > Control Panel > Aureal Vortex Audio is the wrong .CPL file that is not associated with the Aureal programs. To access full control of the control panel programs such as Graphic Equalizer, Midi, A3D Settings, Digital Out / EQ etc. Go to C:\WINNT\AU30CPL.EXE and from there you can access all the options which all work great!

Note: The Vortex Control Panel does not automatically load when windows starts or add the tray icon. I created a shortcut of the AU30CPL.EXE program and placed it in the Start > Programs > Startup directory, but you will have to uncheck and check the “Show tray control on the taskbar” box for it to display the icon correctly.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Vechlor (edited 07 April 2000).]

I was wondering where the heck that control panel applet went to...

Anyway A3d 3.0 crashes q3 in smp mode so do not try this. I'll probably sell my card and get a creative - just wish they could make a card with digital out that doesn't resample the digital I/O and ruins it all....

Considering that Aureal just filed for Chaper 11 bankruptcy protection, that the entire executive staff has resigned, and that supposedly only 50 out of 200 employees are left at the "company," I'd consider it unlikely that we'll see finished drivers any time soon.

There's also a rumor that Creative Labs is attempting to purchase Aureal. If true, it calls into question 1) the timeliness of new drivers, 2) the SQ3500, and 3) future Creative Labs sound cards as well (merging of technologies, etc.).

As there are so many rumors and wild guesses flying around, I wouldn't believe any of them until an official announcement has been made on the future of Aureal. Nor would I hold my breath for new drivers.

My floppy just died after the driver install too but I can get around it by disabling the"Vortex Multifunction PCI Parent". This isn't a very good fix but it will at least buy me some time to get a better sound card.

Officially Guillemot is trying to buy Aureal. (See http://www.vortexofsound.com, News page. This is a reliable source, so this is probably not just a rumor.) Remember what they did for Hercules, so we might just see completed drivers someday, and maybe even the SQ3500.