Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thrawn

ASUS Temp reporting

I just built a computer using an ASUS CUV4X with PIII600E. In the bios the temp is reported at 70C from cold boot, and 90C after running for 20 minutes. But in Win2k, the Asus probe program lists the temp as 30C right after booting, and 40C after 20 minutes. Which should I believe?

Well, the second set of numbers sounds right. It almost sounds like you are reading degrees fahrenheit for the 70 and 90 numbers and degrees celsius for the 30 and 40 readings (not quite, but close enough to wonder about it). Besides, I thought the program got its information from the BIOS sensors and would be the same reading as found in the hardware monitor.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Well, both the BIOS and Asus Probe program list C and F temps, so I know that's not what is happening.

i got an ASUS P5A and AMD K6-2 CPU which is supposed to get pretty hot sometimes, especially after long gameplay. the systems when on heavy load gives me around 70 degrees celsius. i have fan plus heatsink. so i think the ASUS temp measurement system is a little wrong, because if the processor really got up to that temperature, it would probably freeze the system which it does not.