Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Killer4

WindowsXP on an e-Machine

I'm running windowsXP (SP2)Home edition on an e-Machine. I'm not able to get PowerPoint Viewer 2007 to run on my box. It installs fine but when I go to open it I get the message that the version will only run on: Windows 2000, Server 2003, WindowsXP and Vista. It doesn't seem to recgonize that I have XP.

Need help.

Thanks

I just tested it out on an SP2 machine and it installed just fine. I'd suggest running a disk cleanup, cleaning out your temporary internet files and setup files. Then re-try the download/installation.

If that still doesn't work, try upgrading to SP3 and run the installation, unless you have your reasons for not upgrading to SP3. Honestly, we're just about to upgrade all clients to SP3 due to issues with SP3 and Dynamics.

Mike:

Thanks for you suggestions. I made the mistake back in September of upgrading to SP3 ad it's been downhill ever since. I had so many issues after the upgrade that my old PC was just about usless,had to boot in safe mode ever since. That's why I bought a new PC with SP2. I do disk cleanup just about every two weeks. It's not the install that I have a problem with, the install goes fine. It's when I try to run PPV2007 that I get the message that it needs XP to run and I'm running XP. I have disabled my virus protection (McAfee). For some reason I have a feeling that it's an update that I received back in September that caused the problem. It was working just fine up until then. The puzzle is whey doesn't PPV2007 recgonize that I have XP on my machine.

Thanks again,