Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChaNce

Really odd Intel 2100 modem problem in win2k

Now here is a wierd one. I got the beta drivers for the infamous intel 2100 dsl "modem". I installed them on a P2-400 running win2k, and the modem works fine. However, when i move the modem to a bp6 2x466, everything installs fine, everything works until the modem starts to dial, then the computer hard locks (no BSOD, just stops, no mouse, keys, nothing) and i have to restart with the power switch. I have tried pulling everything, all the slots (except #3) and even reinstalled 2k with only the video card (AGP Viper II) and the modem. Again, setup is fine, and then hard lock while dialing. Any suggestions?

One question.. Where did you get the drivers? Please email me at beninbrem79@yahoo.com and let me know! Thanks!

So ChaNce, where exactly did you find these infamous beta drivers?

search the news in this site for intel 2100. see what you find.

[This message has been edited by ChaNce (edited 10 July 2000).]

last night i seen the beta drivers at www.megaspeed.com when i was looking for info on my shiney new cisco 675 ;[ heh, oh well...i got it for a steal on ebay, i could easilly sell it for more then i got it for ;]

peace

~loopy

I am having the same exact problem. I have a celeron 466 with the 2100 DSL modem. I installed W2K with the 2100 beta drivers. I will just shutdown when dialing. What the heck. Any fixes yet?