archetype

Liveware 3.0 revisited...

The drivers have been received from MS. At this point, it looks like

they may be posted some time next week (probably towards the end of the

week). This is kind of lousy timing since we are going into a 4 day

holiday weekend and won't be back until the middle of the week, but the

light is at the end of the tunnel.

---------------

So creative have their damned drivers back, how about they just post the drivers instead of dumbass newsgroup articles about their intent... I NEED THOSE DRIVERS.

_matt

now that they have the drivers back, why didnt they just post them yesterday? why wait until after the holiday weekend? its not like they are going to be working on them or anything over the next few days.

It probably takes a day to package the drivers in proper form.. and who the hell wants to work over the weekend? do you??

All i can say is thank god they've finally finished, but i seriously don't expect them to fix the problems i've had, like skipping video, and screwed up choppy eax support...

ah well.. keeping my expectations low..

mr_yellow

As usual the milage of these drivers will vary from system to system. What I'd like to know is what kind of improvements they've made since the previous driver release. If they can give some sort of outline or detail as to what's changed, it would give us a better idea if we should download them. I personally haven't had any problems with the drivers myself. Maybe I'm just lucky?

------------------

-- Strider Hiryu

mr_yellow:

i never said they should work over the weekend. read more carefully. i was just wondering why they didnt zip them up and post them when they got them back. if they still need to make an installer or something, i can understand that. its just the way the newsgroup post was worded. made it sound like they are done and ready to go. i guess as long as they are finished, thats all that matters. we've waited this long, whats another few days? smile

[This message has been edited by Me (edited 01 July 2000).]

Posting the drivers now would require at least the network people to work through the holiday vacation weekend. You really think Creative would leave their serveres unattended while they are getting crushed by downloaders? If the servers go down, and there's a good chance they could, then what? Then everyone *****es that the servers went down, and what is taking them so long to get them back up.

Sponge:

I'll have to disagree with that. True that they'll want to take the 4 day weekend off but being a network admin on an Internet server don't get much time off. True they'll be at home. But they're more than likely to be called in when there's a server problem. And someone may be in there making sure everything works and calls in if something goes wrong.

I may be wrong on it but that's my take on the matter. I just don't quite believe that the senior administrators would be far off on vacation. Then again, maybe they would... but who knows?

As for leaked drivers... it isn't that big of a deal for me. But for others, it is a big deal. On the other hand, it's the holidays. Why are we even posting on this damn board anyways? smile

------------------

-- Strider Hiryu

Am i the only person seeing the end of this week quickly aproaching, and no sign of any drivers?

Matt.