Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ParaDoX

WinMgmt.exe has generated errors and will be closed...

I just bought a Soundblaster Live!. After installing it WinMgmt.exe now performs an illegal operation every ~30sec. Downloaded and installed Live!Ware for Win2k, but that didn't help. So I had to disable Windows Management Information.

Anyone who has experienced the same problem, and now how to fix this?

------------------

P2 400@516

ABit BX6 2.0

Creative TNT2 Ultra

192MB Ram

WD 8,4GB

WD 30,7GB

Teac 4x/12x CD-R

Creative 5x DVD

SB Live

-=[ Don't overclock and complain later about crashes, warning technically explicit, close your eyes before, sensitive persons do not read, it cause overrun of your brain, seasick etc ]=-

Yes, you are forcing way over the limit the second level cache that the line PII is runing at max 450Mhz/225MHz or 4.4ns, expected to work right at 500MHz/250Mhz or 4ns nothing more than that will work right.

That's why I bought a year a go a PII333MHz

the cache was running at 5.98ns,

which has a multiplier of 5 (5 x 66Mhz),

so if i run at 5 x 100Mhz no probs ( 4.0ns ).

The cache lucky me, is the same used on the PII 450MHz 4.44ns or a it's a bit more fast in order to work at 4.44ns. Thats why my overclock works right. You are on 3.87ns !!!!

Seems a little more, but is not.

And you are way over the cache limits.

The cache for the line PII333-450, will not go under 4.0ns without fail or miss data.

Go back now or you will get a cache burning and a in little time will be useless.

[This message has been edited by ComputerMan (edited 06 July 2000).]

What kind of messed up reply is that compuman? hmm.. the server must be whacked..

anyways, I had a similar problem, caused by a scandisk check that had to truncate winmgmt.exe.. I ended up doing a repair install...

That's a bit drastic but it worked for me..

you can always try to get a copy of the winmgmt.exe and associated files from someone else and overwrite yours..

Ok next time I swear I shutup the f/ck up !!!! So I read, read, read, and nothing else, so if somebody wants help.... there are many people better than me right ?

Is that "what you" mean ? Don't you, don't you... NiN new video title here.

Well I hope you can sleep at nights, alone

with your dog...., I hope you get kidnapped by aliens, and they make you all the tests they want to do to you....

OK-OK enough day dreaming, if trying to help is a big problem here then I quit dammit !!!!

after reading your reply for like the 10th time i FINALLY realize you were basically saying

"DON'T OVERCLOCK"

But no where in your message did you actually SAY that, so All i saw when reading your reply was a bunch of numbers and you talking about cache multipliers etc...

I'm sorry for my reaction.. I simply thought your reply was for another thread...

but seriously though, you should be a little more concise next time to avoid confusion.

And I doubt it's an overclocking issue since it did occur with the install of the sblive! and i (assume) he's been running his computer like that for a while now...

Sorry, people I got excited when I wet my pants after my first sucessful overclock on my PII333..

all data is involuntarily over-redundant.

Typical of a techno-junkie like me.

I love to study and project future outcomes

so I can almost have the most of the hardware in the future.

What else do you expect from someone who build his own hi-fi hi-power amplifiers and

loudspeaker sets, yeah I like it that way..

Sorry about the shoot out, I apology to your

dog, and to your aliens....