Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
petts

Any luck with an Agfa SnapScan 1212p?

I am thinking of upgrading to Win2K, and am trying to eliminate any components which I have which may be incompatible with it.

However, I have found no information concerning my scanner, the Agfa SnapScan 1212p. This site confirms that its USB cousin works with 2K, but there is no word on the paralell.

Has any one had any experiences with this scanner and Win2K?

working fine with correct driver on win2k but no way on XP except the workaround I described in XP/hardware part of this forum.

I can upload the driver for win2k somewhere so people interrested could get it as it is quite difficult to find it on the NET.

driver is : ISP_1212P_V1401.EXE 9 Mb

Tell me where.

and, remember, DO NOT BUY ANY **** TO AGFA

Win 98 : Driver is **** (freeze the PC while scanning)

Win 2k : driver is confidential !

Win XP : Driver will never be do !

The 1212u is the USB one.

seem to works fine according posts I read on that.

1212p is parallel and is not working at all on XP and a lot of people canniot find the corrct driver for 2k, specially on agfa website... where is not !

on 98, can you imagine everything frozen when scanning, including your mouse ?

And, as they just do with the 1212p, perhaps for next windows version they will tell you : "Sorry , 1212U is discontinued, please buy a new scanner"

that's why I said : " Do not buy Agfa"

I have a 1212u at home. It's a nice little scanner, but yeah, AGFA product support is non-existent. They're almost as bad as ATI when it comes to drivers/support.