Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cau_me

Can't run wine in redhat 9

I installed wine in redhat 9.0 in source, rpm (whit 4 verions of the rh8 packet) but when i go tu run the wine alway say this error

wine: chdir to /tmp/.wine-root/server-342-1c69e : No such file or directory

If a create the carpet, after i look this error

wine: chdir to /tmp/.wine-root/server-342-1c69e/sock : No such file or directory

also i create the file or directory socks i recived the error

Is not a valid socket.

If a install the crossoffice version i can run wine wihtout problems but this version is more incompatible than the offcial verion in which i can use the opengl libs installing the cvs-opengl packet to play some games whit 3d acelerated graphics whit opengl (counter-strike) or run a lot of aplications.

I installed succefuly the wine and play to cs and run a lof of aplications that i can't run with crossoffice version in redhat 7.2, 7.3, 8.0. what i can do???

i heard that is a problem with the newest versions of glibc, which have redhat 9.0, this is true?

HELP ME PLEASE

PD:sorry for my poor english but i only a 2n bachiller student!!!!

Quote:
i heard that is a problem with the newest versions of glibc, which have redhat 9.0, this is true?

Yes, but it's already fixed in the latest version of wine. Try running wine with the -use-pthreads yes switch.

For example: wine -use-pthreads yes ./program.exe

i see this error

$ wine -use-pthreads yes ./azrasms.exe

wine: chdir to /tmp/.wine-cau/server-342-63c2a : No such file or directory

if i don't use the switch i see the same error

I installed the binary package and compiling the source.

HELP!!!

I get the same error as cau_me. I have rh9. The name on the rpm is wine-20030408-1rh8winehq.athlon.rpm (which I believe is the newest).

i try to install wine from source and rpm and the error is always the same

Kill two birds with one stone. Support linux and do things easier by using WineX. WineX works well for both games and applications as it primarily is just wine. Give it a shot. If your all ready down with the compilation thing you can grab wineX for free from cvs. www.transgaming.com

I'm getting the same error message when I try to run wine from cvs in RH 9. But when I ran wine from the rpm the terminal just sat there and did nothing; all i could do was ctrl+C out of it. But I'm going to try out the Xwine from transgaming, and if I find out anything else about the chdir error in regular wine Ill post it here

PEACE FO SHIZZY YO

the actually and the 3.0 version of winex isn't compatible with rh9, now in the sourceforge site of wine you can download the rpm version of wine to rh9 and this version are compatible, yo can run wine perfectly, but winex isn't compatible yet.