Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
arcus

RONIN - IRQ's on TYAN 2400

I have a geforce that seems to share with the onboard nic and crash it about every 7 seconds..

tyans at a loss

creative says move the irq

ami says huh?

and tweakbios barely recognizes anything in the system

suggestions?

Here is what worked for me.

A. Make sure you have PNP OS enabled in the bios and that you are not forcing any IRQ in the Bios, and that you have the Power Management set to ACPI in the Bios.

1.Disable the onbaord NIC by using the jumper.

2. Do a clean install of W2K, install the drivers for your Geforce card.

3. Shutdown the computer and remove the jumper.

4. Restart W2K and let it find and install the drivers for the onboard NIC card, I'm not using the Tyan drivers.

If you do the above everything should work just fine. It worked for me and I have no problems at all.

You may notice if you go into contol panel and look at the IRQ settings that W2K has wierd IRQ's for your hardware. Don't worry it's just W2K way of IRQ sharing. Just leave everything alone and you should be fine. E-mail me if you need anymore help.

------------------

My System:

Dual Intel 850's

Tyan Thunder 2400 MB

512 Megs Ram

Adaptec 39160 Ultra 160

1 - 18 Gig Cheetah - U160

2 - 18 Gig Cheetah U2W

SB Live Platinum

Plextor 12/4/32 - Burner

Plextor 40x UW CD-Rom

10x Sony DVD Drive

Hercules Geforce 2 64meg

Viewsonic PF815 22" Monitor

no luck

the board is dangerously flawed at the bios level..tyans going to issue an emergency bios post within the next 72..

(or so they said)

until then..be careful about crashes with the game port..current bios doesn't disable it..or the ac97 completely

the creative geforce is hellishly sensitive to shared irq..so thats only half tyans fault but the fastrak 66 cards run dead into the same scsi bios drop out for the onboard scsi that the thunderbolt had earler this year..

talk about shipping betaware

no irq steering .no override..

and even a legacy problem they already fixed on their last flagship board..

pity

but I will give it this pretty doorstop

but on the plus side

tech6 down at tyan does know his **** on at least some of it..primarily the fastrak

and he got some motion going

we'll see..

let me know how it goes for you

Sorry to hear that, but everything is working fine for me. I using the computer like mad *****. I don't use the onboard sound either or Scsi. My config is a lot different than yours, I guess that's why I'm not having any problems.

Sorry I could not help ya,