Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kgeissler

Sidewinder and Win2K

I have both a Sidewinder Gamepad and the Sidewinder FF Wheel.

When I try and install the gamepad, I do the Sidewinder autodetect, and it comes back as a Sidewinder 3D Pro.

When I try and install the FF Wheel, it will install ok, but the status keeps changing from OK to NOT CONNECTED.

I have tried to reinstall the Gameport drivers, but that didn't work. The gameport is on a SB Live Value.

Both devices worked under Win2k before. The only thing I did was upgrade the MB and CPU.

Any ideas?

Have you re-installed the game compatibility updates for W2K? Also, this happened to me until I moved my SBLive to a different slot. So, you might try that.

:}

Reinstalled the Game Compatibility updates and move the SB Live to another slot and still the same thing.

This is weird. It worked fine before, so I know they work in windows 2000.

Any other ideas?

i have the exact same prob with my sidewinder 3d prec pro. it fluctuates between ok and not connected. it too started after i swapped my mobo. i went from a be6 to bf6/promise ultra66. windows was reinstalled after a format too, but this prob cropped up. i also have an sb live. the only way i can fix it is to shut down the computer and let it sit for about 30 sec. then i turn it on and the stick works fine. reboots do nothing for me. i dont now how often the stick spazzes out since i dont use it often.